Thursday 26 April 2018

I Have Two Things to Say. . .

Back to Melbourne
When she was little, B would start a sentence by saying that she had 2 (or 3) things to say; because she knew that if she didn't preface her comments as such, we'd go on talking after Thing 1. She was a smart planner, that one.

So!



Thing One: This was the view of Melbourne as we were coming in from the Great Barrier Reef trip. Pretty amazing, isn't it? As dry as it has been, it still looks a little tropical.



Last Thrown Mug





Thing 2: I have met with some success in the pottery studio here,  as well as a great many failures. I'm still not crazy about the brush on glazes, but this is a very usable and well-sized mug. White stoneware, embellished with slip, Jade glaze, fired at cone 10, oxidation. I glazed my last 3 pieces today (all hand built, and all of which I'm pleased with at the bisque stage of firing). I'll pick them up next week, and close down my account at Northcote Pottery. I'm so grateful to have had this place to work.

No comments:

Almost 2 years later. . .

26 June 2020 We found ourselves in the frenzied housing market of summer 2018 when we returned, so of course, we bought a house. After a...